About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

20 August 2012

Hubby's 40th and a WONDERFUL suprise!

Today I get to celebrate the most handsome and loving man I know. My gorgeous, darling Brett.
My darling ... you enrich the lives of ALL who know you well. You have always been an anchor in my life and have been so stable and consistent from the day I met you. Our children love and adore you and are blessed to have you as their Daddy. Today we celebrate the amazing man of character that you are. You have never pretended to be perfect ... but in my eyes, you are pure gold! The real deal! You show me the nature of God in many ways. We love and celebrate you, not just today ... but every day!
So what do you give your beloved for his 40th birthday? Especially a man who likes to choose his own gifts. After much thought, I found a totally inexpensive gift that is more priceless than any precious jewel. I booked a scan! And guess what we got to see at this special scan ...
Our precious baby boy! That's right. The doctor is pretty convinced we are carrying a precious, healthy baby boy. I wish I could capture Brett and the girls smiles and joy. It was a wild gynie appointment. First he thought it was a girl, then the more he looked, the more convinced he was that it is a boy. Either way we are all overjoyed. By the last scan we were all pretty much convinced that this is a boy. If you look closely, you may just spot the evidence ;0) hee hee. The next scan will confirm for certain, but our gynie is pretty convinced. One thing is for sure, this little one is thoroughly loved and celebrated!
My next post might be in a little while. I am getting ready to fly over to the US on Wednesday with my sister to spend some special time with my mom. So many delightful things taking place in my life right now. I am going to sleep with a heart fully aware of my many blessings.
Goodnight to you all.
All my love xxx
Janine 

7 comments:

Carol F said...

Beautiful blog from a beautiful woman in love with God!
You married the most wonderful man that God especially called forth to love you and treat you like the precious Queen that you are!!

So excited to see you and to speak love to your tummy!!!

Always,
Momsy
xxxxxx

Dardi said...

Awww...wonderful birthday surprise! Hope you have safe travels & enjoy your time this side of the ocean. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with tears of joy on my face. Boy or girl, what a tremendous gift!! safe travels and angel wings around you!! much love and care. Kimmy Gill

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!And what a wonderful gift- for you all! Have a wonderful trip! Love, Kim

Kari said...

Soooooooooo happy for you and your family. Rejoicing with you from along way away. A boy!! What a beautiful treasure and graced gift for your family!

Susan said...

So happy for you!

Debra said...

Happy Birthday Brett (all be it a bit late :) What an amazing Gift from your lovely Janine and God.