About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

24 May 2012

If not ... why not!

I woke up this morning and officially declared the morning to strictly be "Jan time"! After a very busy few days helping my hubby out in his office, doing school projects with my eldest and helping her study for her exams in between the day to day running-my-lovely-home-chores, I decided that this morning would not be spent rushing around or cleaning out cupboards at home, but will solely be used for some relaxation! (Wow - that was a looooong sentence! I seriously need to learn how to say things in less words - ha ha. What the heck - I'M A WOMAN therefore I CAN say lots of words ;0) 
So, instead of more-of-the-routine rush ... I took a walk with a friend, ate my breakfast soaking up some winter sun on my porch, ate a piece of cake while I soaked in the bath, caught up on some of my reading, wrote a little and am now off to meander through a mall with a cappuccino in hand. Life is about balance. Too much rushing around has never been good for the soul. I'm going to blast my music as I drive with the windows open and laugh out loud, just because it's jolly good for my heart ;0) !!! Whatever you do today - find a moment to laugh out loud.
 

Have a beautiful day!
Janine

10 comments:

My name is Niqui, said...

(^^,)

xx

Anonymous said...

Missed seeing you down at the beachfront, was having some "me" time as well. You are so right...doing all these little things are good for the soul, think Jesus laughs out loud at some of our antics :)

Carol F said...

Gorgeous post!! I love to laugh out loud!!...good excercise for the liver!

enjoy your day, meandering thru the mall with Precious Jesus!

Always,
Mwah!

JustEllaBella said...

I need some of that, guilt free, me time :)

Denise Malafaia Cerqueira said...

Woohoo, that's right, friend!
It's always great to have it here in the Daughters of Sarah.
I am very happy when I think that God uses us so impressively at all times and everywhere, just let it use us. Likewise, when I go to your blog, when God uses it here to build my faith and renew me.
Being on your blog rests my soul, my heart rejoices and builds my faith ... all this is always great!
Peace!

Janine said...

Thank you for each comment sweet friends. I hope each of you have found a little space to relax and be refreshed today. Sending each of you a great big hug!

Heather said...

You're so joyful! I just love to read your blog...even when you're walking in the hard places. Thanks for leaving an uplifting comment on my page. Thinking about you and your girls and husband daily...Zac must be so proud that you're his mommy!

EJN said...

Janine,
I am just planning my day to catch up on reading and catch my breath. Great ideas.
Have a good one,
Jojo

Janine said...

Thank you lovely Heather - such kind words. A hug straight to my heart.
And yay JoJo! You certainly deserve some r&r. Soak up every second. Sending you much, much love!

Susan Struck said...

Great advice!