About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

29 May 2012

Big Brother

Dear Zac,
Sweetest boy, there is a never a day that you are not in our thoughts and in all of our hearts as your family. We think and talk about you all the time. Sometimes Jesus gives me beautiful pictures of how sweetly you must be growing. This mommy will always anticipate the day when I get to smother you in kisses again! Do you watch your big sisters bragging about how much they love you? It makes me smile. I'm sure it makes you smile too. 
So my boy, Daddy told me that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone until we first told all our family ... so this clever mommy thought I would tell you and the whole world at the same time ;0) You are going to be a big brother! When I carried you in my tummy I always told daddy that you would be a big brother one day. Falling in love with you opened our hearts to dream of having one more little treasure. Today we got to tell your big sisters. The tears threaten to pour when I think of the unspeakable joy in their faces at hearing this exciting news. One of the first things your biggest sister said was "Now Zacie gets to be a big brother too!". I watched a weight drop off their little shoulders and a seed of joy begin to bloom in a place they have grieved deeply for 8 months. In my heart I know that you are smiling with Jesus at this joyous news. A little "rainbow baby" - a child of promise has been added to our family. Please give Jesus a big "thank you" kiss from us and tell him to kiss that sweet little nose of yours! Joy is blooming in each of our hearts.
We love you our sweet treasure boy. Happy 8 month anniversary son. You are ALWAYS in our hearts and part of our every joy.
With all our love,
Mommy, Daddy and your big sisters
ps ... Here are two pictures that your sisters drew this morning with big grins on their faces :0)
Angelee's picture of my tummy ;0)
Tianna's picture :0)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow such exciting news. I am super happy for you guys. Lots of Love Ryan, Lee-Anne, Emma-Lee and our newest addition Kaedon:):):)
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I have no words, just tears pouring! Happy blessed tears, so proud of you! Know God just so gonna bless you because of your steadfastness..love you xx debs x

JustEllaBella said...

your happiness is mine right now my friend :D it gives me hope as I pray and plan for my own rainbow

Niqui said...

I am singing for joy, precious Jan! My heart is filled with thanksgiving to our Abba, for this most wonderful and precious gift.
Must say that I have a pep in my step, and a glide in my stride! This is one super excited Auntie

All my love
xx

Heidi said...

Congrats, what stunning news. I had a rainbow baby after a blighted ovum at 10 weeks, what a beautiful treasure after such heartache. Blessings for the rest of this pregnancy. xxx

Janine said...

Thank you for your precious messages. So beautiful to read Heidi how God restored joy to you! And my sweet Ella - I am already trusting with you for your rainbow baby! I know God is going to give you guys the desire of your hearts.
My sis - what can I say! You are simply such a fabulous aunty that you HAVE to have another nephew or niece. Grinning with you!!!!!!! Woohoo! Happy dance!!!!

pamela said...

just read the news jan and brett (and girls) and so, so, so happy for you.

this beautiful verse popped into my head as i read your post...

"bless the Lord, oh my soul... and forget not all His benefits"

sending you love!
pam and chris

simplyoutnumbered said...

What a precious gift!! Congratulations to you and your lovely family!
xxx

Janine said...

Thanks Ryan and Lee-Anne. We are so thrilled to watch your family grow! Both Emma and Kaedon are gorgeous!!!

And thank you for such kind words Debs. Such encouraging words straight to my heart!

Momof3girls said...

Congratulations! I lost a baby through miscarriage and gave birth to my beautiful first redhead 1 year later. God can turn our mourning into dancing and restore what the locust has eaten.
Blessings to you and your family.

Janine said...

Thanks Pam - holding that verse close to my heart as I praise Him!
And thank you mommy of 3 blessings for encouraging me with your testimony! Celebrating how God has added to you and your husband.

Adeye said...

Oh, my Jan. There simply are no words. I prayed for this day! The day that our Father would choose as HIS perfect time to bless you with another treasure! My heart is overflowing with thankfulness to the ONE who does ALL things well. How I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you and tell you how MUCH I love you and how much I am rejoicing in His faithfulness to your family.

Faithful Jesus....Awesome God! We are so thankful that JOY DOES COME IN THE MORNING.

Loving you with all my heart, Jan.
A

rosedel said...

Wooo Hooo! I am so excited for you and will to continue to pray for your health.

EJN said...

What a sweet gift, this new little ones. We rejoice with you all.

Carol F said...

Such a beautiful post my Darling Janni, my heart sings with joy and Praise to our Awesome Loving God! The Restorer, Redeemer, Rewarder, Lover of our souls and Gracious Father!
Mwah!xxxxxx

Janine said...

Thank you Mommy darling, my special Adeye, Rosedel and Jojo for such warm and loving comments. Made my day!

Debra said...

Oh my dear dear Janine!!!! This is absolutely wonderful! Thank you Father for this wonderful blessing. Congratulations xxxx <3

Susan Struck said...

Such lovely news!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm behind on reading but CONGRATULATIONS! I am just overjoyed for your family. Feeling green will pass and soon enough, a sweet baby will be in your arms.

Hugs,
KK