About Me

My Photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (13) and Angelee (9) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. Our faithful Great Restorer has graciously blessed us once again with another son, Gabriel. We are all so in love with him! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

About the Journey

Life is certainly a remarkable adventure! You just never quite know what's around that next corner! I am a 36 year old wife and mommy to 4 amazing children. When I started this blog a few years ago I had no idea just how much I would learn about the depths of God's love in the years ahead! Back then I was a mommy of two little girls. In September 2011 we were given the greatest privilege to become proud parents to a very special little boy called Zac, our "lion heart". We were entrusted to carry him in pregnancy in an amazing walk of faith, because he would only be ours this side of Heaven for 21 and a half hours after birth. Our precious heart baby has taught us more about the reality of Heaven and the truly important matters of the heart in his short journey in our lives than a lifespan of living could have taught us. He continues to be our pointer to Jesus in remarkable ways. "Love in Action" has become our incredible journey through grief to live lives filled with grace, strength, increasing joy and purpose as we continue to heal and grow in God's amazing love as a family. Just a few weeks ago we welcomed our second son, Gabriel into this amazing big-wide-world-of-wonder! We are overcome with joy as the Great Restorer is faithfully at work in our lives! Please come and join me on my adventure. I'm one of those people who wears my heart on my sleeve. I'm a firm believer of living my life out in the open as I continue to pursue a life lived in truth and freedom. I am exploring the depths of God's personal love for us, and I have to say that life is far more colourful lived in His love. I would like to live my life having experienced rich friendships - both new and old and most certainly having loved and laughed my way through most of it. I welcome you to share your thoughts and comments with me. At the end of each blog entry, click on "comments" to add your thoughts. I can't wait to hear from you! Here's to life God's way ... RICH and FULL in Jesus Christ's overflowing love for us!

02 March 2012

A Treasured Keepsake

This week marked 5 months since we last cuddled our sweet boy. It kind of hit home hard this week. We just miss him so much. What touches my heart so deeply is how the Lord always knows the condition of our hearts and goes before us. On Zac's 5 month anniversary I arrived at the bible study group that I run in floods of tears. It was just one of those days where the tears came no matter what. The girls didn't know that it was the 5 month anniversary, yet the Lord used them to cheer me up in such a precious way. They had organized the most beautiful bouquet of flowers to surprise me with that day. Their love was such a soothing balm to my hurting heart and the fact that the Lord knew how I would feel on this anniversary and prompted them to buy me flowers was like a tender kiss from Jesus straight to my tender heart. 
Since then a feel like I have turned another corner. Yesterday, Brett, the girls and I flew to Joburg to be with my family for the weekend. My precious niece is turning 13. What makes it even more exciting is that my mom also flew in from the US yesterday! It was a big surprise for the birthday girl and for me to be with all my family again is so special. She also came baring a whole lot of gifts!!! Shew!!! Each of us have been soooo spoilt!!! In amongst all these surprises and belated birthday presents for me was a very special keepsake from my precious hubby. We had it made in the US by a company called "The Vintage Pearl". Take a look ...
It is SO SPECIAL to me, because it is so important to me that when people ask about my children, that they know that I am mommy to 3 amazingly precious children. My mom taught me years ago that the number 5 represents "grace" and to receive this gift on the 5th anniversary of Zac's birth and graduation means more to me than words can say, because it is my constant reminder that with God's grace our hearts are healing and joy will bloom. I can't help but smile. My God makes everything beautiful in its time. 
I write it so often on this blog, only because it is such a huge reality in my life, but once again I want to remind you that God sees and knows exactly where you are at and stands in the center of your world, reaching out to minister to your heart today. For me it was a bunch of flowers and a very special necklace on an important day to me. For you it will be specific to what He knows speaks to your heart. May you have eyes to see the immense ways that He wants to encourage and minister to your heart today. I am sending you so much love, even as my heart has received so much love this week.
All my love xxx
Janine

5 comments:

Tracy Friday, March 02, 2012  

Hi Janine - beautiful. You have been so brave to post about your journey. The necklace is lovely. Have a great weekend
God bless
Tracy

Anonymous,  Friday, March 02, 2012  

Hi Janine, cant tell you how much this blog of yours has touched me in so many ways... i too lost our little boy Calab at 3months, the thing is you never forget, the memory of that life stays with you forever, and best of all is knowing that he with Jesus in Heaven and that one day we will see him again, and you too will see your little boy again! God has stayed true to His promise and 1 year later we were blessed with a little girl- Emma-Joy, she has been the biggest Joy and Blessing of our lives,wow, God blesses in BIG WAYS! i know He has told you many times and He is telling you again: JESUS LOVES YOU! love xxx Nicky Cawthorn

Susan Sunday, March 04, 2012  

Oh, the necklace is wonderfully lovely. What a beautiful way to honor all three of your children.

Denise Malafaia Cerqueira Wednesday, March 07, 2012  

This week, a mom, our sister in Christ also suffered the loss of your baby. I thought of you.
It was a little girl who until the day before, according to doctors, had nothing, was healthy. One day later she was admitted to hospital because it was time, and her baby was dead. Doctors dizeram who had been dead for 24 hours. As if she, one day before, made ​​the final examinations and the baby was fine? You know what happened? The umbilical cord was around his neck enrrolado.
I imagined the pain that my sister! It was his 1st baby!
All were astonished! She and her husband are recovering in the lap of the Father! Like you, they will overcome, amem!
Only in heaven will we know the whys, but today we get which are the purposes of the Eternal God?
I still believe: Everything cooperate!
Pray for her and her husband, Eduardo, and Danubia.
I found the necklace is beautiful and the way of God to bring joy and comfort to your hearts of so singular and personal. He can do it like anybody, is not it? Must have been all the beautiful feast of his niece! Family is a gift from God, also a way to brighten people's hearts!
Miss, my friend! ( Saudade, em português)

Lola Wednesday, March 07, 2012  

today we are telling my 7 year old grandson he will be having brain surgery for a 2 inch cyst in his brain on March 19. please pray with us for health, healing, and wholeness for him, physical and emotional. He is such a special child. thank you..

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Total Pageviews