About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

06 July 2011

A Letter in the Post

There is nothing more exciting that getting a special letter in the post. My precious Mommy Darling who lives so very far from us in the U.S. has started something special with all her grandchildren by posting them a card in the mail every now and then. Angelee finally got her turn. Her card arrived in the post this week. Just look at that smile!!!
Watching Angelee's joy showed me once again how easy it is to impact anothers life when we show love intentionally. Something as simple as a letter can shape memories that will last forever. Thank you my precious Mommy darling for making us all smile even from so very far away. We love and miss you. 
Love Always,
Janine xxx

6 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That is so sweet! My step grandmother used to send me letters and I would always write her one in return. We kept this up long after I stopped talking to that side of the family and after left college too. Really until she passed away, we kept writing. know it meant as much to her as it did to me.

Adeye said...

Oh sweet girl! How beautiful she is, my Jan. An angel. What a lovely treat. There really is nothing more special than getting a little something in the mail.

Love it. And love you.

Anna said...

I love, and cherish the little things in life that remind me of how even small things can impact and mean so much in life.

Love the expression!
So precious!

Thank you so much for your beautiful post.

My daily walk in His grace! said...

Hi Janine. I still get excited by post in the mail(assuming its not a bill). I come from the era of snail mail. Email is great but paper mail, so much more personal.
God bless
Tracy

About Myself - Debra said...

A Mothers Love is 'heaven on earth', but a Grandmothers love is something really special! I speak from experience, so I know - cause I'm a Granny xxxx

Carol F said...

Awwww, you make my heart happy - Thanks for reminding me that Love has no distance - it's contained in memories, thoughts, pictures, laughter....
Forever, Mom xxxxx