About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

05 May 2011

You are Somebody's Encourager

My hubby is full of smiles today. His best buddy arrived from Cape Town to spend the day with us. David is such an encourager. He has a way of changing the atmosphere wherever he goes. It got me thinking ... isn't that exactly what God desires to do through each of us every day ... encourage and be His voice and arms to those around us. 
Hebrews 3:13 says "Exhort / encourage one another daily, while it is called "Today", lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." There are so many sneaky little things that distract us and harden our hearts in this world ... but a simple word of encouragement has the power to soften our hearts and breathe new life into our soul and dreams. 
Whatever you do today ... be somebody's encourager! You are God's voice and arms to those around you. 
All my love xxx
Janine

6 comments:

EJN said...

Thanks for this post,Janine, what a great reminder! My boss calls that "being Jesus with skin on".
Have a lovely vist.
Blessings to you and your fam.
Jo

Emily Joyce said...

AMEN! You never know what difference an encouraging word can make.

Jamie Rubeis said...

I love that! Sometimes I need the reminder because I get so wrapped up in my world, that I forget that other people may need me as a friend.

Debra said...

Thanks to you for being an 'encourager' Janine! xx

Toyin O. said...

Amen, thanks for the reminder to be an encourager to the people in our world:)

Susan S said...

Thanks for the reminder. Today was a good day for me to be enouraged to be an encourager!