About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

22 April 2011

Saying Goodbye

Early this morning my precious 89 year old Granny finally got to see Jesus face to face when she breathed her last here on earth in her sleep and awoke in Heaven. My heart grieves that we have to let go this side, but rejoices that she is finally free from all pain and constraints and is alive and rejoicing in Heaven with her parents and siblings and mostly with the One she has loved and taught me in many ways to love and respect. She knew her Jesus well. In December when I got to spend a couple of weeks with her, every night I would fall asleep hearing her speak to Him. Her life has taught me so much. Granny, thank you for the lessons and legacy you have set before me. I treasure you. 
Janine xxx

12 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

All my love - such precious hope we have in Jesus!

Kelli said...

I am sorry for your loss, but so thankful (on your behalf) that you had such a wonderful Grandma who was a blessing to you and your family.

EJN said...

Janine,
Praying that the Lord will be close by you in your Granny's earthly absence and bless you richly with His warmth and grace as you carry on in her example. What a wonderful gift she has bestowed on your family.
So sorry for your loss
Peace and Comfort in Christ Jesus our Lord,
Jo

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I am so sorry! I know no words will ease the pain. But I am so happy you were able to be close and loving with her during her long life!

Emily Joyce said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Janine.
But, I am rejoicing for your grandmother. Praying for you and your family.

Freshly Found said...

Happy and sad news. What a legacy and role model your gran was. She will leave a huge gap, but she's home.

Debra said...

Janine, once again a beautiful message. It's bitter - sweet. Sad you won't be able to spend any more time with her on earth, but rejoicing that you will spend an eternity with her when you it's your time to be with our special sweet Jesus!!!! Blessings to you and your family and hope all is well Love Debs xx

Adeye said...

Oh my Jan, I am soooooo sorry. I know it is so hard. I'm so thankful that Lord blessed you with such sweet moments with your precious granny in December. What a gift.

Praying He's holding you tight, my friend. I cannot wait for the glorious day when every tear will be wiped away.

I love you heaps.

Susan S said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm smiling, though. I just came from a vivacious Easter Service but I am thinking your granny and my precious Grandma Rose (died just before Christmas) are having an Easter like they've never experienced before! He is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

Jamie Rubeis said...

So sorry for you loss. Love and prayers go out to you and your family!

Claire said...

New follower here:)
So Sorry about your loss, but I'm sure Jesus is taking such good care of her, She sounds wonderful and a blessing to your family.
Hope and love of Jesus Christ in you,
Claire

Savories of Life said...

I am very sorry for you. I kknow how you feel but God is so good. I lsot my grandpas both within the last 17 years and found it hard. So i can understand how you are going to need to cling to Christ!! Come on over and visit!