About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

14 April 2011

A little shopping fun

So, being 13 and a half weeks pregnant (yes that extra half week counts!), I realized that it was finally time to go shopping for some maternity jeans. While I fit into my jeans ... whether or not I can breathe comfortably in them is another story altogether ;0) hee hee. This country has so much to learn from the U.S. and the U.K. when it comes to maternity clothes. We have such few options here!!! I have only found 3 stores so far that sell maternity clothes, and each of them only have one or two short racks of ugly options. Looks like I need to plan a visit to mommy in the U.S. to do some shopping - sigh! If only!!! So ... after trying on all the ugly options .... here's what I found ...
I know ... it doesn't look like a pair of jeans ... but it certainly will go with the perfect pair of jeans when I find them and fit into them :0) How cute is this little handbag hey! It's perfect for Autumn which we are practically falling into. Best of all it is proudly South African and I bought it with a birthday voucher from a dear friend. I just loved their label. (Sorry it's so fuzzy - I took about 8 pics and they all came out the same). I love the African map with the red heart. And the name is so sweet (excuse the pun) - Suga Suga. 
Who knew that maternity shopping could be so fun after all!
Love Janine xxx

7 comments:

April Decheine said...

Your Newest Follower from Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop, I look forward to checking your blog out. Have an awesome day! Aprils Lifestyle Show

Niqui said...

I love it!!! What a great find, and yes I think that it will go with that perfect pair (^^,)... I think that we may need to plan a trip....

Niqs xx

EJN said...

Cute! and just the right size! Have a great day!

Summer said...

Great blog!
I'm following you from the Cup of Joe hop.
Come check me out when you get the chance:
Carolina Summer

melissa said...

LOVE the bag!!! xx

Fash Boulevard said...

So happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

A said...

What a perfect accessory for a yummy mummy to be!! I think it is an essential maternity accessory!! ha ha. Aimee