About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

22 March 2011

The hardest goodbye

Today was one of the hardest days my husband and I have shared. We had to say goodbye to our precious pets, Jessi and Sabie. They were our very first "children" when we first got married. For the last 13 years they have filled our lives and home with nothing but love and faithfulness. Today we and our children mourn their passing. Thank you Jessi and Sabie for all the love, faithfulness, joy, beautiful memories and protection you gave to each of us with unconditional love. Your little love affair together has taught us so many lessons that we could never forget. We miss you so much already. Oh how we love you. 

9 comments:

EJN said...

Janine,
I am so sorry - that is hard. May God comfort and be close to each of you in the next weeks.

Emily Joyce said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family. It is so difficult to lose a pet. Just last year my family and I said goodbye to one of our dogs, she had bone cancer. We still miss her very much! Dogs are such unconditional friends, aren't they? They fill a very special place in our lives.

Adeye said...

Oh my Jan. What happened? My heart is aching for you, my sweet friend. I wish I was there to love you hold you tight.

I am so sorry.

Love you MUCH.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh Janine- I am so so sorry! I know that pain all too well and my heart just breaks for you. Sending you lots of love and a great big hug tonight.

KK

Niqui said...

My Precious sis,
It is so sad to say good-bye. They were such a special pair :) I know that I will also miss them.
Please know that we are thinking about you.
With all of my love
Niqui xx

Niqui said...

My Precious Sis,
It is so sad to say good-bye. They were such a special pair. I know that I will miss them too. Please know that we are thinking about you and the family.

All my love
Niqui xxxxx

Ashley Tremaine said...

I am so sorry! What a difficult thing to endure....I pray that you have peace soon.

Debra said...

Janine I am so sorry to hear about your dogs! My prayers are with you and the family xx

Renee Ann said...

So sad! I remember losing my dog as a child. I missed him for a long time . . .