About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

06 February 2011

A place of Belonging

The word "belonging" really crept into my heart last week. It's something that I would like to continue to explore and share around this coming week. Watch this space ... I have asked my precious sister, Niqui, to guest post her heart on the matter here tomorrow. I cannot wait to read it myself! 
As I have been searching my heart concerning this blog, one of my greatest desires has always been from my very first post that this be a place where you can come away to, to receive fresh sips of encouragement in your everyday journey. I have found such belonging in my relationship with the Lord. He has weathered the highs and lows of my life since I came to know Him as a child. He continues to remind my heart daily that in Him I always have a place of belonging, acceptance and delight. That's what I want to remind you of today ... He is your safe place, your "place of belonging". Know today that you are celebrated! You are accepted. You are valued and worth so very much. Thanks for popping in. May your heart be encouraged as you get ready to face the start of the new week ahead. 
All my love xxx
Janine  

7 comments:

EJN said...

Janine,
Thank you for the post, this morning's message was Psalm 11 - He is our refuge - where we put our trust. We definately belong. Thank you for your sweet heart. You words are always an encouragement. Have a wonderful week,
Jo

Emily Joyce said...

Your blog is a lovely place! Thanks for the encouragement today. I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes on your blog:)

Vic said...

i get lost sometimes too! i feel out of place and need to get that sense of belonging back! it's a great feeling to feel special, where you feel 'belonged'...this is such a great post,....can't wait to read her guest post!

Adeye said...

Ooohhhh....can't wait to read what your precious sis has to say :)

I love you, friend. Thank you for spoiling my dear hubby--it meant to world to him.

Nicky said...

Hi precious friend. My heart never ceases to be stirred/touched by what you share. You are so special Jan. All my love, Nics xxxxx

Charlie said...

Aahh... the smell of the sweet cappuciono and the taste of the milky froth still lingering with aroma all around me...!! Your blog is inspiring, uplifiting and totally breathtaking; a smitten wife, devoted mother and deligent and faithful servant of the Almight God, I am exhorted by every word you speak, cause they restore and refresh the hungry mind and soul-you make me feel that I belong.. an incredible attribute ... you are amazing my friend - Thanks Janinie. Allow me to share this with you...
"In Happy moments, I praise God, In difficult moments, I seek God, In quiet moments, I worship God, In painful moments, I trust God... for every moment, I thank God. To hold every person close to my heart because one day I may wake and realise I have lost a diamond whilst I were to busy collecting stones. Your blog have breathed new life into me and I so enjoyed sharing a cuppa with you. You are a diamond... and I treasure you... may God pour blessings of great splendour onto you and your ministry... and may your love in action guide you to higher heights and deeper dimensions !!! Have a nice day my beautiful friend.
I love you my friend, biiiig huug... xxxxx Charlie :o)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You are the sweetest! I always smile after reading your blog. I've been a bit overcommitted lately and will be until Mid March so I might not comment much. But know I am reading. Because your blog, like you, is lovely and friendly.