About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

26 January 2011

Time with Mom

Over this last weekend we were so blessed to have my mom come and stay with us for 5 days. She has been living in Virginia for the last 5 years and came home for the holidays to spend some time with her mommy and all of us. My handsomeness snapped this pic just before I drove her back to the airport. My girls adore their "Lala". She always makes them laugh and has wonderful ways of imparting truths to them without them seeing it as another lecture from mom ;0)
Since she left on Monday afternoon the house has been too quiet, but my heart is filled with beautiful memories of countless cups of tea and coffee shared together; long marathon scrabble matches (my sis is the only other person who plays the game with me); heart felt conversations about life; watching romantic comedies and laughing until the tears rolled down our cheeks and  our tummies ached with laughter ... oh how I miss her already! 
This blog is a place for me to highlight what is closest to my heart and family has to be something that matters most to me. While I live far away from all of my side of the family, I have seen how God repeatedly gives us amazing times to be with one another. Oh how He treasures family! I never want to take the people in my life for granted. Our times together are rich and precious. That is a gift that I treasure deeply.
All my love xxx
Janine

5 comments:

EJN said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. How precious are those times. Blessings on you each!
What a darling picture.
Have a wonderful day Janine,
Jo

niqui said...

I love you my precious sis (^^,)

Niqs xx

Renee Ann said...

Sounds lovely! My mom lives with me, but two of my sisters are out of state. They were able to visit over the holidays, and I began to miss them the day after they left for home!

kenziekylanmom said...

Sounds like it was time you needed with your mom, so happy for you!

Janine said...

Thanks! It really was! Appreciate your comments.