About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

08 December 2010

Thunderstorms and Sunshine

It's my last night here in Jozi and I am taking in the familiar smell of one of Jozi's famous Summer thunderstorms.
 
I just love it! It reminds me of my childhood staring out my bedroom window watching the lightning fill the sky as the rain pummels down. I was born and raised here until I married my gorgeousness when I was 20 and moved to Port Elizabeth. I adore the beautiful City that God has placed me in ... but I also love my visits back here for moments such as this. It always delights my heart how a boiling 30 degree day can turn so quickly into a thunderstorm and back to blazing heat and sunshine all in a days work =0) It's speaks to my heart so much tonight as I contemplate the thunderstorms that we face in life. They are only temporary! How comforting!!! If you are negotiating some storms in your life right now, know that the sun will shine again!! 
All my love xxx
Janine

5 comments:

Laura @ Just For Love said...

Hi Janine!
I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. I was blessed by your kind and loving words. YOU have a beautiful heart after the Lord as well. Your blog is fabulous! I hope you have a very merry Christmas with your family.

Blessings and love to you!
Laura

Adeye said...

Sending you a HUGE hug, my friend. NOT an easy time for your sweet family. Keep your eyes on eternity when every tear will be wiped away.

Love, love, love you.

Janet - AKA: Latte Lady said...

Beautiful!

Following you now! You can find me at:

www.homeward4.blogspot.com
or
www.homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com

Blessings,

Janet

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I hope your trip home has given you some peace. Have very safe travels back to your kiddos and hub. Smiles, KK

Patricia said...

Thank you for the reflexion. I enjoyed a lot your past link to daddy's time Friday. I invite you to link again.
http://mytotlearningtime.blogspot.com/2010/12/daddys-time-friday.html