About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

22 December 2010

Dreaming about Christmas

It's only 3 more sleeps till Christmas! 
I don't know who is more excited ... me or my little girls =0) I have always loved this Season, and now being a mommy to two precious little girls ... well it's just such a joy to watch their excitement and joy. I can still remember as a little girl sitting up late in the night watching the lights on the tree flickering on and off and dreaming about what Christmas morning would hold in store. I still feel the same now as an adult and find so much joy in seeing my girls dreaming about Christmas morning. 
I love seeing how my eldest is so concerned about giving her own little gifts to those she loves. Reading her little cards to her cousins just melts my heart. We are teaching our girls that it's not about how big the present you give is ... but that what you give comes from a heart of love. Just the other day in children church I asked the little ones what gifts they could give that wouldn't cost them any money. It has kept me thinking about the gifts that I can give to those around me every day that will touch someones heart. Gifts of patience and tolerance. Acceptance and understanding. A gentle word of encouragement or love expressed in word and deed. Care and kindness. The generosity of truly celebrating those in our lives. This Christmas may we give those around us the richest gift of all ... love!
All my love xxx
Janine

12 comments:

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Merry Christmas :)

Adeye said...

What beautiful truths your angels are learning, my Jan. I love it.

OH MY WORD!!!!!! Did we get spoiled today, friend. Geezzzzzz....quite overwhelming. I couldn't keep it together :) Big cry baby. THANK YOU for playing a big role in our Christmas miracle. We are so very thankful.

I love you.

Erin said...

I love that....3 more "sleeps"! That is perfect! I love watching my boys get all excited! The 3.5 yr old is finally into it this year and it's so exciting!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas with all the love in the world!

nicole ...given said...

very vey cute blog header!

Caitlin of Spare Bedroom Studio said...

Found your fun blog through blog hop!

Join the holiday blog hop:

http://sparebedroomstudio.blogspot.com/

Hop blog to blog and share holiday memories!!

The Pilot's Wife said...

I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!

Happy to have found you through the Thursday Blog Hop!!!

Anna, The Pilot's Wife
Follow My Blog:
http://www.pilotwife.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Very inspiring blog you have here. The title really caught my eye.
I love what you are doing here!
Love in action-a truth that is hard to practice


following from Thursday's hop

come on over to my place
http://for-one-another.blogspot.com/

Renee Ann said...

I'm following from the blog hop. I love your blog and especially the pics of your little dog-to-be! You have a lovely family! Blessings!

MsBabyPlan said...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! "...it's not about how big the present you give is ... but that what you give comes from a heart of love."

I am so glad I stopped by your blog.

Happy Holidays!

Alida said...

How sweet that your oldest is wanting to give gifts on her own this year. I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas this year and give many gifts to one another that cannot be bought!

I just found you on the blog hop and am now your newest follower :-)

Joy & blessings,

Alida from Blackpurl's Knitpickings

Poekitten said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas morning with your family! I came by from Hugs & Love Thursday:)

Vic said...

That is so sweet....wishing y'all a very merry christmas...may you have hope, dreams and joy this holiday season!:) xoxo