About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

15 November 2010

That Little Cookie Recipe as Promised

Okay, okay ... as promised, here is the recipe for those little yummy square biscuits "little bear" and I made last week. Seriously!! It is the easiest recipe and always makes a good amount on cookies. 
Jan’s Glitzy Glam, Super-Easy Shortbread
250g softened butter or baking margarine (they say butter always tastes better, but I always use the baking margarine)
1 cup caster sugar
3 cups flour
Pinch of salt
 Mix butter and caster sugar
 Add flour and salt (can add choc chips too)
 Press into lined baking tin
 Prick with a fork (to give it that short bread look)
 Sprinkle with extra caster sugar and edible glitter (just because we love bling and we can!)
 Bake at 180 deg C for 17 minutes

As soon as the are out the oven I cut them into squares. Enjoy with a cup of tea (or make me jealous and have a Starbucks for me) and know that I am sending you a hug!

Much love,
Janine xxx

4 comments:

Mama to 3 Blessings said...

thank you for participating in my Friday blog hop, please feel free to link up today @ our Cornucopia of Blogs Hop! Following back!
Nicole :)

Pretty Pink Ribbons said...

Hiya Special!

Thanks for the recipe and thanks for the visit (*^,)Those sparkling delights look truly divine and I can't wait to try them out! Wishing you an super awesome, blessed week!

Lotsa Love,
Nisha

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

OMG that's it? Looks like the perfect quick and easy recipe. I see this becoming my go-to favorite. Thanks for sharing! And I always use butter. Mmmm butter makes it better! :)

lovetheday said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Love The Day! These cookies look amazing. Thanks for sharing.