About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

15 November 2010

Taking a moment to just BREATHE!

I have to admit that Mondays are usually hit-the-road-running days for me. This Monday morning I just could not get out of bed early to do all the usuals. Little bear and my Leelee both felt sick last night, so I simply scrapped the usual Monday morning rush and kept them at home with me. I cannot tell you how many moments throughout the day I felt myself getting stressed that I was not getting through my usual Monday morning run around errands .... finally I heard the whispers of my Heavenly Father reminding me to simply "breathe" and to find "rest" even in the busy moments of the day. Rest??? But how when you have so much to get done??? This is a journey of discovery that I am embarking on with the Lord at the moment and something that I will probably keep posting on as I practically learn His principles of rest in my every day life. I truly believe that the promises found in scripture are not only spiritual but also practical. Here is how God showed me today to MAKE TIME for rest ...
Instead of cooking my usual Monday night supper we spontaneously decided to get fish and chips and headed down to the beach.
The girls got to dig in the sand, run as free as they desired and soak up the last few rays of sunshine before sunset.
I, on the other hand got to sit back and take in a cuddle from the best looking man around :) I so treasure these moments, because work and the routines of life certainly keeps my precious man busy.
As I looked out and breathed in the "rest" that God gives, I can honestly say that I now feel equipped and ready to tackle the rest of my week, and I am looking forward to discovering how to grab more moments like today.
I am praying that as you face your week, that you will breathe in all the refreshing that God desires you to receive so that you can tackle the rest of your week empowered by His love, strength, wisdom and grace!
All my love,
Janine xxx

PS - How do you find REST in your busy days?

4 comments:

Screen Door Prep said...

I also struggle with being patient, not stressing, relaxing. Thank God for My Prince, the most laid-back (yet level-headed) man I know. We are truly able to bring out the best in each other. =)

Pretty Pink Ribbons said...

Hi Pretty Lady!

Wow! What an amazing picture of God's rest. At times it takes breaking out of those mundane chores and structured moulds to enjoy these beautiful treasures. And what a beautiful family! I hope Tianna and Leelee are feeling much better today.
Have another awesome day my friend!

All My Love,
Nisha xoxoxo

Rachel said...

Hi Janine I was just reading your post on pain, and just wanted to let you know that it was just the reminder I needed today. I had just recieved an email from someone that I was trying to reach out to, but has rejected my hand of friendship, that really hurt, especially as she is not willing to talk about it or explain to me why or what I have done. I know all I can do is keep the door open and pray for her, I know there is more going on than I see, and I know I need to not dwell on it, but give it to God - thanks. I love reading your blog.

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness gracious, what a gorgeous post. I loved every word. And my oh my but the pics made me miss a certain place more than my heart wants to admit.

Love you so very much.