About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

23 November 2010

Lessons from a tub of chocolates =)

I'm busy tucking into a tub full of mixed sweeties as I write tonight. (I don't know about you but I CANNOT just have one boring sweet - I love options ... so I buy a whole different stash and pour them into a big container and wait for the different taste sensations to hit). 
Usually I feel a little guilty about tucking into my stash (I have a whole sweetie cupboard happening in the kitchen - I know ... how naughty is that!). Tonight, there is no guilt ... I am just reveling in the bright happy colours ... and the delightful variety. And as I ponder that ... I can't help but smile when I think about the mix of us humans all walking around living our little lives here on earth. How God must truly smile as He looks at us all and celebrates our differences. It makes me look at my little family with new eyes. Instead of trying to clone my little ones into "mini-me's" ... I want to revel and delight in their colourful uniqueness!
Who knew you could find deeper meanings gazing into a tub of chocolates!!! I think I should keep coming back for more and more insight =)
Much love,
Janine xxx 

4 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

such a fun photo! lovely post!

Adeye said...

Beautiful :) Just like you!

Pretty Pink Ribbons said...

Yummy! I can see this clearly runs in the family(^^,) We have a few of those sweetie tubs roaming around the house!

Enjoy!

Lotsa Love,
Nisha

Janine said...

Too funny Nisha! You are right ... I definitely got that from my dad!!!