About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

09 November 2010

"Chore Dice"

A little while ago I discovered a very fun little game to get my two little princesses (who sometimes think that doing chores is waaaayyyyyyyy beneath their princess reality) to find fun in the challenge of keeping our home more tidy. Here is my little secret weapon ...
 Thanks to this little dice my girls wake up begging me to do things like this ...
(I know ... can you actually believe that they WANT to vacume?!) 
Cooking with mommy is just the best (even if it is scary looking chicken soup - hee hee)!!!

So how do I get the girls to help out ... well together we choose 6 chores (I think it is a good idea to rotate them and keep adding new ones to keep it fresh). We number them 1 - 6 and print them out to remember which number represents each chore. They then take a turn each day to roll the dice. Number 6 is the favourite in our house - helping to make supper. I can honestly say that since "chore dice" the kids LOVE doing their chores. They even rope their cousins into rolling the dice :) Too funny!

Happy chores everyone :) 
Love Janine xxx 

3 comments:

Kelli said...

That is such a great idea! Very clever way to get them excited about helping :)

Adeye said...

Ooohhh, Jan. that is such a GREAT idea. I may just have to try it around here. I love it.

Love you too :)

Pretty Pink Ribbons said...

OMW! Such a clever idea! And the girls seem to be enjoying it too, they are absolutely adorable!! Please give them a giant bear hug from me (*^,)

All My Love,
Nisha