About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

22 November 2010

Cherished

It's drizzling over here tonight. How therapeutic to watch the gentle raindrops falling and bringing a wonderful refreshing to a drought that has lingered for over a year now here in Port Elizabeth.
Listening to the gentle rain falling outside I am reminded of the faithfulness of a God that draws close. As I look back on the really dry times in my life, I can see glimpses of His Presence as He faithfully saw me through. Did He feel close at the time? Not always. But when I take a closer look, I see more clearly His fingerprints as He carried me, or strengthened me ... or just loved me through it all.

Are you going through a particularly dry time? I encourage you to watch out for the amazing ways that He wants to brings His gentle refreshing to you. It might be through the arms of a loved one ... or a gentle word from a stranger ... or even in the beauty that surrounds you. He is longing to refresh your heart today with His gentle reminder that you are cherished and that He cares. He sees. And He cares. 

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

All my love,
Janine xxx

2 comments:

Pretty Pink Ribbons said...

Hi Jan!

Thank you for a refreshing word of encouragement...

Lotsa Love,
Nisha

Creative Ambitions said...

Such a beautiful analogy Janine! I've been in those dry spells and have learned alot of His love during those times... it always endures and it's what you know... not what you feel that can get you through anytime! It's raining here in Tennessee today... and yes... I'm thankful! We so need it. Hope you have a blessed week!!