About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

15 May 2010

Cleaning Home

Oh my goodness ... my dear hubby has his hands full with me at the moment!!! I am a woman on a mission. We have been in our home for 12 years now. Since December all I can feel is "CHANGE"!!! Every room I look at in our home either needs to be re-arranged, redecorated, repainted, removed ... you know the feeling? If I could, I would repaint each room tomorrow ... refurnish ... etc etc. Alas ... I will have to tackle one project at a time (this with me just having laid down one of my jobs!!). Hmm ... sounds like I am going to have to tap into some of that God-given creativity that He has tucked into me (that's one of the many perks of being made in HIS image right - Him being the creator and all - I must have a little creativity tucked away too! hee hee).

So, project number one is to declutter!! Oh my word!!! That is a HUGE task in itself. One room at a time!!! I started by swopping out  my summer wardrobe for my winter one and tossing out all the clothes I never use. What a great feeling to make space. Our domestic worker (precious Cynthia - oh how I love and appreciate her!!) went home with bags full of clothes to take back to some people struggling in her community. What a joy to let-go and bless at the same time. (I also love that "worried" look in the rest of the family's eyes as I approach their cupboards to declutter! hee hee ... I see them sneaking things back into their drawers when they think I'm not looking! Too funny.)

Hopefully I will have some changes to show you soon in my upcoming "Makeover Monday" posts. Watch this space people!!! I am moving into overdrive!!!

4 comments:

Sweet Tea and Biscuits said...

Have you ever read " the fly lady" book ? It is all about cleaning, one day at a time - I read it and it changed my life - You can probably find it online - FLY stands for finally loving yourself :) It is all about God breezes !! Sounds like you would love it while you are in the declutter mode

Adeye said...

Boy do I know the feeling my Jan! It is soooooo wonderful to declutter sometimes. I love doing it. Wow, I can't believe you guys have lived there for twelve years already. I remember when you bought the house--seems like yesterday!

I love you so very much. Longing for the day you come and visit your precious mommy in VA!

Kristen @ Moms Sharpening Moms said...

Janine, I LOVE the way you think! I am now inspired to declutter and purge somethings, too. Since we are moving in about 6 weeks, this is a great time to do that! The more we purge means the less we have to move!

It's so nice to meet you...may your week be blessed!

Creative Ambitions said...

Hi Janine! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments! I love meeting fellow Christ Followers! :) I definitely give God the glory for any creativity I may have and feel blessed that He has given me such a precious gift... without Him I am nothing!

Well... so where are these makeover Monday posts? :) I want to see them! I definitely need to go through each room in my home... purge and redo!

Nice to meet you!!

Kendra