About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

07 April 2010

Take me away :)

Brett and I are currently away with the girls in Natal for a week. It has been the best week ever!! I honestly do not remember when we went away as a family alone for a holiday (our holidays are usually going away to or with extended family which we love), so this has been such a fun adventure for all of us! I do not know how we are going to get in the car to begin the journey home on Friday!
When I get home, I will write a post with pictures (having a few networking problems out here) ... but my thought today is simply about making time for the ones we love ... to do new things together ... to laugh together ... to experience new adventures and to keep growing together. I am so aware of how quickly my girls are growing up. I want to make the most of these simple years with them.
One of the things that touched my heart this week was watching my firstborn in the waves with her daddy. Just as I did with my dad at her age, this holiday she has fallen in love with doing "unders and overs" in the waves with her daddy. All of a sudden she is so brave in the sea with her daddy right there lifting her over those big breakers. I remember tender moments with my dad at that age too. She looks for every moment to drag him back out there. What wonderful memories they have made this week - simply because we had time for one another!
Thank you precious Jesus for giving us this opportunity to have this time together.

No comments: