About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

09 January 2010

Tapping into the source of JOY

This morning I read a post from e-Lisa over at Extravagant Grace  which spoke straight to my mommy heart. She shared about being a mother and home-maker who fulfills her calling overshadowed by God's contagious joy. It is so worth the read. As a mommy of 2 sweet girls ... so often when I finally get into bed and replay the events of the day, I wish I had handled situations with more joy and ease! When I read e-Lisa's post this morning, I was reminded of that little verse that says "The joy of the Lord is your strength". The key to this amazing joy will always be found in our times with our precious Jesus. Psalm 16:11 is my encouragement for today ... "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Tapping into His beautiful, approachable presence throughout the day leaves us with the wisdom that we need for each moment raising our treasures and gives us all the unspeakable, overflowing joy that we need which makes for the most precious memories and lasting lessons for our children. May you be blessed by the joy of His Presence today!






Extravagant Grace


1 comment:

eLisa said...

Thank you so much for your absolutely encouraging post and for joining in. I am so glad to seek the Lord together. I love the verses God brought to your mind. As I spent time looking at the Word yesterday, those were some of the verse God brought me to as well! Neat!

Blessings on your day!