About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

12 February 2009

Songs around the piano

Brett and I love the Lord so much and our greatest desire is to see our children falling more and more in love with Jesus Christ - serving Him out of their own passionate love relationship with Him ... having a personal, fulfilling, inspiring relationship with the God of this universe - our Creator and Saviour. I see that already with each of my girls. God has initiated a personal relationship with both of them. I love listening to their prayers - they are so honest and real!!!
Tonight was such a special moment for me. I felt God's gentle nudging to put off the TV, gather my little family together around the piano and begin to sing. What a sight!! While I played and Brett and I sang - the girls danced for their King. Then Brett called them to sit with me at the piano and each of us simply sang our own little songs to God. My heart just melted with love hearing their thoughts, songs and made-up-melodies. I have a tiny inkling of what the Father feels when He hears His children sing to Him. How beautiful! After we prayed and the children went to bed, I heard His gentle whisper "Thank you Jan". I could just weep!!! God doesn't "NEED" our praises - but oh how it touches His heart!
May tonight change me forever. God looks forward to our times with Him. May I stop all the "clutter" to make room for these glorious times in His Presence. Surely that is the most meaningful gift that I can impart to my children.  

1 comment:

Adeye Salem said...

Oh Jan, that is absolutely precious---yes, how the Father LOVES our worship!