About Me

My photo
South Africa
My husband, Brett and I live in beautiful South Africa and have been blessed with the most precious family. We have 2 very beautiful and brave daughters, Tianna (15) and Angelee (12) and a very precious little boy called Zac who touched our hearts forever in his 1 day here on earth. We never would have imagined that we would have to live this side of Heaven without our sweet boy who was born with half a heart, but every day Jesus carries us through and is teaching us more than ever how to live, laugh and love fully. 3 years ago our faithful Great Restorer graciously blessed us once again with another son ... our beloved Gabriel ... a ray of sunshine in all our lives! "Love in Action" is our journey as a family to love the way Jesus is teaching us to love and live.

Blog Archive

23 October 2008

Simple Moments

The words of a song that I wrote sometime last year have been playing through my mind for the last few days. God is reminding me so much lately to enjoy life and find joy in the "simple moments" found in each day.
"Simple Moments with You"
Sitting in the sunshine, eyes closed, but heart opened wide
I feel Your warmth wrapping itself all over me
Sitting in the sunshine, eyes wide, looking all around
I begin to smile as I see that it's so much simpler than I thought it could be

Because everywhere I look and in everything I see
I see You looking back at me
In the beauty of this earth, in the colours that I see
I see life, I see depth,  I see majesty
Yes everywhere I look and in everything I see
I feel Your heartbeat alive in me
I don't have to search very far
It's in these simple moments, simple moments with You

Sitting in the sunshine, eyes closed, soaking up the sun
I become aware of Your love pouring into me
Sitting in the sunshine, eyes wide, seeing for the first time
How everything becomes crystal clear
In these simple moments, simple moments with You
(March 2007)

2 comments:

Adeye Salem said...

I absolutely LOVE the words you wrote. Aahh Jan...there's one of the many things the Father has gifted you in. Your song writing is anointed sweet friend.
SIMPLICITY...so hard to find these days...yet right before our very eyes, as you wrote. Thank you for reminding me to find joy in the simple things as I go about my day today. What a beautiful reminder. My eyes are wide open!
Adeye

Janine Robinson said...

Love you my friend!!